Snakes & snails and Puppy Dog Tails...

Friday, August 17, 2007

One Month

Today is one month post surgery for Joshua. He is doing great. No more snoring. No more runny nose. He is still weird about going to sleep. Before the surgery, He would go right to bed at 8pm, fall asleep by 8:45-9pm. Now he cries, doesn't want to sleep. I don't know if its something mentally to do with the surgery now or what. I hope it passes. I look forward to my "mommy time" when they go to bed. Anyway...it seems that this surgery was a massive success. I'm thankful. I just wanted him to feel better and be comfortable. I see a difference in his speech. I don't know if its just me because I am around him all the time but he is definitely saying more. We are going to have him re-evaluated for early intervention because he is behind so we'll see what happens.
Alex is also doing well. Trying to get him to go on the potty is like pulling teeth. I don't know more to do.... Bribery gets me nowhere, punishing gets me nowhere, embarrassment as horrible as that is doesn't work either. I don't know what to do. I'm hoping that at school he sees the other children go to the potty and he will get it.
Next weekend we are having Joshua's second birthday party. I have so much to do to get the house ready for it so I need to stop typing now. I hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home